Sunday, July 25, 2010

DESTRESS ROOM


Whatever it is that we do for a living, we always get stressed daily. It may also originate from our own homes, relationships, studies and combination of all of the above. We all have different ways for handling stress. Some meditate or pray, others go to the gym, watch tv or read a book, others go out and drink or simply just take a walk. All these activities are okay in handling the daily stresses of life. But has anyone of you ever experience that you just want to be alone and scream as loud as you can because you have just reached your boiling point and about to explode. I have been for years wanting to build a place where I can de-stress without worrying about what other people may think.

I want to build a sound-proof room where I can just simply scream as loud as I can so I can let it all out. I want to be able to cry my eyes out and wail and not worry about getting heard and pitied by other people. I want to hold a baseball bat and hit something or anything as hard as I can so I will be able to release the anger and frustrations that I am keeping deep within. I want to build an over-sized dart board where I can pin the pictures of the people I strongly dislike, hate or have hurt me in the past and just shoot darts at it as much as I want. I need a room that is thickly padded all around so that when I punch the wall I won't hurt my hand. After I release all my pent-up emotions, I will step out of the destress room and simply lie down, close my eyes and rest for maybe an hour or so.

I think I should start looking around for empty office rooms either in the city or somewhere in Silicon Valley and build a few de-stress rooms. I think I will have a long line of people waiting outside and wanting to spend precious moments in it. Surprisingly, there is a company in China that provides its employees of ways of releasing stress and part of it is a de-stress room.

2 comments:

  1. its a definite need , and probably a great money maker

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a definite need , and probably a great money maker

    ReplyDelete